Household Hazardous Waste
Solid waste will come to your home and collect the hazardous waste material. When requesting an appointment please have a list of all household hazardous waste items you need collected along with container sizes.Items that are accepted in the program are as follows:
- Aerosol Cans
- Car Batteries
- Fire Extinguishers
- Gasoline – needs to be in a certified gas container that WILL NOT be returned.
- Household Chemicals Marked Dangerous
- Latex Paint – in secured container, if paint is dried up and rock solid it can be bagged and tied disposing in refuse container.
- Light bulbs can be placed in a labeled box. CFL’s ONLY, no florescent tubes.
- Motor Oil – would like to have in original containers if not place in a sturdy container (laundry detergent bottles, milk jugs) with a SECURE lid and marked as motor oil.
- Oil - based paint
- Pesticides / Insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane Tanks – full or empty, large or small
- All items should be in their original containers and must be clearly marked to identify their contents.
- Place items in boxes by category and mark the box HHW.
- Place out by 6am by the front of garage door or car port on your scheduled HHW collection day.
- Limit 20 gallons of paint and liquids.
- No single container may be larger the 5-gallons.
- Radioactive Materials
- Medical Waste
- Prescription Drugs
- Smoke Alarms
- Commercial Waste
For more information please click here to view our hazardous waste website.