Knowledge Base

Landlord/Tenant Rights

Category: General Questions

If you are someone who pays to rent a home or an apartment (a tenant), you may at some point have a dispute with the person who owns the building or management company that represents the owner (the landlord).  Often disputes are about the conditions of the building, essential services, rent increases, or your right to stay.  It is best to come to an agreement directly with the landlord or manager.  Make sure that you get everything in writing. If a landlord and tenant cannot come to an agreement, a tenant might turn to outside help.

Arizona Department of Housing

Arizona Attorney General Consumer Protection Housing-Related Complaints

United States Department of Justice Free Legal Services

Updated 4/1/2020 5:31 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!